With the beginning of the heating season in the autumn, persons with Allergy against house dust mites increased again among symptoms such as sneezing attacks, cough, conjunctivitis, and headaches. It is almost impossible to avoid the mites completely, but there are a few things to the Affected can.
"The tiny arachnids can find just in the bedroom, ideal living conditions: warm and humid climate in the mattress and bedding, as well as any amount of food in the Form of human Hautschuppen", Prof., Karl-Christian Bergmann, pulmonologist and Director of the Foundation German pollen information service (PID) says. New findings show, however, that the allergens, stress is ubiquitous and on the bedroom limited. Also house dust in living and office spaces, on car seats and cinema chairs plays an important role in the everyday lives of Allergy sufferers.
Even if mites are found almost everywhere, there are some Tricks with which to be Concerned, can reduce the number of dust mites in your home:
- After getting Up, not immediately make the bed. The covers of the bed back beat and air, in this manner, escape of heat and moisture, like the mites are particularly fond of.
- Ventilate the apartment at least once a day.
- The bedding more frequently and at 60 degrees wash.
- Use Encasings for your bedding and the mattress: these are special Covers that are mite proof. Some health insurance companies reimburse the cost.
- Keep room temperature and humidity in the bedrooms as low as possible
- Sofa pillows and stuffed animals lay 24 hours in a freezer. That will kill the mites.
- When possible, avoid dust-catchers in the flat.
- Vacuuming and MOP floors as often as possible, ideally every second day.
- In carpeted floors mites feel particularly well. It is best to replace carpets and smooth floors, the wet-wipe.
- Child seats in the car are often colonized by mites, and are best cleaned on a regular basis.
An Overview of all the messages you get on aponet.de current.